Mystal: School of Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystal is a school full of magic, wonder, and of course drama!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We're just 'training partners'!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aimee (Ph.D)
Aimee (Ph.D)

We're just 'training partners'! Empty
PostSubject: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Levi turned on the treadmill, and started with a light warm up jog, before increasing it to a run. 
He'd just eaten most of a chocolate cake, and was feeling kinda guilty over it. He had decent metabolism, but knew he actually needed to do exercise too. Healthy body and all that. 
The gym was pretty empty, it had to be said, and he was kinda lonely...
Back to top Go down
Cheesasaurus Rex

Cheesasaurus Rex

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:20 pm

After a light afternoon jog over the entire school, Roxy decided to hit the gym for a few rounds at the punching bag. Then maybe she'd make a protein shake and have a granola bar. Sounded like a great plan to her.
Walking in to the gym with a bounce in her step, she made her way to the room where the equipment was kept. She was pleasantly surprised to see she had company. "Hey there!" she greeted Levi, making her way past him and the treadmills to the corner with the large black punching bag. That corner was her home away from home; she even kept her fingerless padded gloves and headband over there at all times.
Back to top Go down
Aimee (Ph.D)
Aimee (Ph.D)

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:24 am

"S'up." Levi nodded, giving her a grin. Nice to see a girl in the gym. Not many seemed to come up. 
He wasn't sure who this girl was, to be quite honest he wasn't sure who many of the other people in the school were. He kept to himself mostly. But it was nice to have some company. 
"Have you tried out the new rowing machine? It's pretty tough. My abs still hurt from yesterday." he said, shaking his head, as he brought the speed back down to a jog so he wouldn't get breathless from talking. That'd be awkward.
Back to top Go down
Cheesasaurus Rex

Cheesasaurus Rex

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:20 am

Roxy listened to him talk as she put on her gear, nodding. "Yes, I did! Only did it for an hour though. You're right, pretty tough!" She grinned then assumed her position in front of the punching bag, and began to do what you do at a punching bag. Punch. Hard.
Back to top Go down
Aimee (Ph.D)
Aimee (Ph.D)

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 3:56 pm

"Nice, remind me not to get into a fight with you." Levi chuckled, watching how hard she punched the bag. "I'm Levi, by the way." he said, stopping to go get some water.
Back to top Go down
Cheesasaurus Rex

Cheesasaurus Rex

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:29 am

"Hya! Kya! Haa!" These various exclamations came from her lips with every punch. She punched and occasionally kicked for a minute, ignoring Levi. Roxy's fist lit up with a black aura littered with white, yellow, blue, and red sparkles--not the garish kind but the kind that were beautiful and seemed like stars--and she yelled a resounding, "Shunpukyaku!" She gave the bag a kind of punch that was half roundhouse, half uppercut, and knocked it off its chain and across to the other side of the room with a loud boom of impact. Recoiling afterwords, she laughed nervously and rubbed the back of her neck. "Oh, heheh, whoops...."
Back to top Go down
Aimee (Ph.D)
Aimee (Ph.D)

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:54 am

Levi watched, looking impressed. "Not bad." he nodded, watching how hard she'd hit it. He'd never really used the punching bag... "I'd recommend a heavier bag, maybe? If that's how easy you can knock them off..." he said, stepping over. "What were the sparkles?" he asked, not meaning to be intrusive, just curious. He opened his water, and offered her a bottle, having lifted two.
Back to top Go down
Cheesasaurus Rex

Cheesasaurus Rex

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:20 pm

Roxy turned and shrugged, appearing very humble about it. "Thank you! Yeah. I should ask about it. I still can't summon things yet like the upperclassmen can." She shrugged again and nodded, walking over. She grinned and accepted the bottle, opening and sipping at it. "I'm Roxy. And...I don't know. Something to do with stars. It's why I'm here--my magic, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Aimee (Ph.D)
Aimee (Ph.D)

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:05 pm

"There's probably one in the store, and yeah, took me years to learn how to summon stuff." Levi shrugged, shaking his head. 
"Nice to meet you Rox. Or will you punch me for that?" he chuckled, but actually kinda wary. He tilted his head. "It is a bit unusual, pretty though. D'you come from a mortal family, or a magic one?" he asked, curious.
Back to top Go down
Cheesasaurus Rex

Cheesasaurus Rex

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Roxy gave a little giggle and a shrug. "I'll figure it out someday." She sipped and shook her head. "I only hurt someone if we're sparring or they hurt me first. Thanks! Mortal. I've always thought magic was pretty cool, though--amazing how it's really real!"
Back to top Go down
Aimee (Ph.D)
Aimee (Ph.D)

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Levi smiled, giving her a nod. "That's half the fun of it." he grinned, wishing he'd been able to go on a journey of discovery. 
"Well, we should spar some time. Boxing's not my strongpoint, but I can throw a decent right hook." he smiled. Levi nodded. "I don't know much about mortals, my family's all magic." he said, putting his hands into his pockets. Talking to her was far better than exercising.
Back to top Go down
Cheesasaurus Rex

Cheesasaurus Rex

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Roxy smiled softly back. "True."
Her face lit up immediately at the idea of sparring. "Really?! Oh, I'd love that a lot!" She hopped up and down a few times excitedly.
Back to top Go down
Aimee (Ph.D)
Aimee (Ph.D)

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Levi raised an eyebrow. "Now?" he asked, looking at her excitement. She was pretty cute. Shame he was so boring. "If you want." he nodded, grinning.
Back to top Go down
Cheesasaurus Rex

Cheesasaurus Rex

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 pm

"Yay yay yay!!" Roxy enthused, setting the water bottle down in her little corner and clapping her hands together excitedly. "Come on come on come on!!" She ran off and out of the room and across the basketball court-like gym to the one across from it, the sparring room. She sprinted to the far side of the closest mat, leaving Levi in the dust in all of this.
Back to top Go down
Aimee (Ph.D)
Aimee (Ph.D)

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Levi, having just been jogging, didn't exactly feel like running. He sauntered over, not meaning to get as much satisfaction as he did from making her wait.
He took his shoes off and looked up. "D'you wanna use gloves? Or are you cool with bare knuckles?" he asked, not minding. He'd been taught to take a man down with his bare hands, so gloves weren't something he felt he needed.
Back to top Go down
Cheesasaurus Rex

Cheesasaurus Rex

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Roxy kicked off her own red Converse-like shoes and kicked them to the side, hopping forward and backward in readyness. "I'm okay! Bare is fine with me." Sasuke-sensei had taught her like that, anyway. She usually only used her gloves while training, so she wouldn't hurt her finger on the tough punching bag.

((She's going to win by a mile you know that right))
Back to top Go down
Aimee (Ph.D)
Aimee (Ph.D)

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:44 pm

(yep, I was gonna have him loose anyways. Levi's strength is strangling :3. If he gets his arms around your neck, you're gone xD)

Levi braced himself, putting his arms up in a block position. Why had he suggested this? He was going to be black and blue... He'd seen how hard she'd hit that bag. Just replace that with him. "You ready?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Cheesasaurus Rex

Cheesasaurus Rex

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:58 pm

((Roxy fights Ansatsuken, which is Japanese for "assassination fist". Really it's just any martial art or a combination of them in the intention to murder their opponent. 
Yeah.
Levi won't die tho I promise.))

Roxy put her hands to her sides and bowed, as she was taught was custom, and then put her hands up to match his and her right foot back. "Ready! Begin!" she called, imitating the melodramatics of her sensei. She sprinted forward and gave him a roundhouse kick across the cheek, a punch in the gut, and a "Shunpuyaku" up his chin, minus the magic.
Back to top Go down
Aimee (Ph.D)
Aimee (Ph.D)

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:03 pm

(O...that sounds fun o-0
Poor Levi)

Levi was knocked off balance by the round house, the punch in the gut made him stumble backwards. The punch to the chin took him down though. He got up immediately, arms up in defence. Leavings rating down would be a mistake. "I'm not sure if this is sparring, or me being your punching bag." Levi chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Cheesasaurus Rex

Cheesasaurus Rex

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:08 pm

((I know. uwu))

Roxy frowned. "Oh, I'm sorry! I got carried away. Go ahead, make a shot!" She tensed up and hopped back, arms raised and ready to take a few punches.
Back to top Go down
Aimee (Ph.D)
Aimee (Ph.D)

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Levi snorted. "You can keep hitting me, 'till like, I pass out. As long as it's above the belt mind..." he warned, giving her a look. "Boxing is not my strong point." he said, but threw a couple of punches at her anyway. He wasn't sure what she could take, but considering what she'd just done to him, he didn't think he needed to be soft on her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're just 'training partners'!   We're just 'training partners'! Empty

Back to top Go down

We're just 'training partners'!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mystal: School of Magic  :: Mystal: Reprise :: Mystal: The School :: Gym-
Jump to: